Southern Arkansas University
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Computer Science, English Language (ESL), Business Administration
Accreditation and Certification
HLC, AACSB, NASM
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
- Social Media
English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
Southern Arkansas University-ESL is a program at Southern Arkansas University that prepares students with a low level of English for full participation in the university degree programs.
Why Southern Arkansas University-ESL?
- 6th most affordable public school in the U.S.* (*bestvalueschools.com)
- Small classes
- Easy transition to undergraduate and graduate programs with no TOEFL or IELTS
- Conditional admission to undergraduate and graduate programs
- Located on the beautiful campus of Southern Arkansas University (SAU)
- All ESL students are full-time Southern Arkansas University students with full access to all university facilities and services (gym, swimming pool, cafeteria, health services, library, student clubs)
- 18 hours of instruction per week across 5 different levels
- Grammar, Vocabulary, Conversation, Reading, Writing, and Lab classes (movies, podcasts, presentations, vocabulary software, games)
- Students of all levels and ages are welcome to apply
- Professional and friendly instructors with a command of one or more foreign languages
- Perfect learning experience in a familiar, safe and clean environment, surrounded with beautiful nature
About Southern Arkansas University
Southern Arkansas University (SAU) is a unique comprehensive university located in the beautiful state of Arkansas. Established in 1909, Southern Arkansas University now offers over 60 various degrees in four distinct colleges – College of Science and Engineering, Rankin College of Business, College of Liberal and Performing Arts, and College of Education. SAU prides itself in affordable quality tuition and a low 16-to-1 student-teacher ratio.
Southern Arkansas University Campus
The beautiful 574 hectare campus of Southern Arkansas University is located on the northern boundary of Magnolia, Arkansas. With a population of 13,000, Magnolia is a small, safe southern city that offers warm hospitality and tradition along with various restaurants and modern shopping centers to serve the needs of students.
When new students arrive, we pick them up at the airport and help them check into their dorms. Before the semester starts, we offer student orientations to discuss immigration regulations, University policies, and adjustment to life in America.
Our International Center offers a comfortable environment where international students can relax, socialize, and study. It has a homey atmosphere with a cozy sitting area to watch TV in comfort, and a full functioning kitchen in case students would like to cook something. It also has a computer lab and study rooms on the second floor.
Our international students also have the opportunity to participate in our Friendship Family Program. This program allows students to stay with American families during school breaks and holidays.
A student’s life at Southern Arkansas University is whatever the student wants it to be. Our campus offers theatrical plays, sports events, movie nights, and concerts. We also have more than 100 different student organizations on campus.
The International Student Association offers special events for students, and our International Office arranges trips to regional cities for shopping, cultural activities, and just plain fun. All of this is in addition to regularly scheduled campus activities, the largest of which is our International Banquet that draws more than 300 people to try food from around the world prepared by our students.
ESL students are welcome to apply now: https://web.saumag.edu/esl/application/
for Fall/Spring semesters or Summer session. The recommended application deadline is one month before the start date.
For more information about this school go to https://web.saumag.edu/esl/
100 E. University
Magnolia AR 71753
P: (870) 235-4000