UCLA Extension International Programs
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Computer Engineering, Film Studies
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 80 +, IELTS: Band 6.5 +
- Social Media
Greetings from sunny Southern California!
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is one of the most prestigious and top-ranked universities in the world. The distinguished faculty includes Nobel Prize winners and members of the National Academy of Sciences.
A division of UCLA, UCLA Extension is the largest, single-campus continuing education program in the world. UCLA Extension certificate programs provide international students and working professionals with the knowledge and skills they need in their careers and personal lives. Over 50 certificate programs are approved for international students (F-1 visa) and are recognized worldwide for their outstanding quality.
- Benefit professionals who wish to advance in their current fields or change careers, as well as students who are just beginning their professional lives
- Courses emphasize practical experience and work-related applications, taught by industry leaders
- Enroll local residents and students from over 40 different countries
- Most programs offer Optional Practical Training (OPT) and internships
- OPT allows you to stay in the U.S. and work for 1 year. It is an experience that can advance your career and impress employers worldwide.
All certificate programs require an equivalent of a U.S. high school education; a few programs require an undergraduate degree. The programs also require TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores.
Approved Certificate Programs for F-1 visa include:
- Design Communication Arts
- Interior Design: Foundation Level
- Landscape Architecture
Business and Management
- Business Administration
- Human Resources Management
- International Trade and Commerce
- Paralegal Training Program
- Real Estate
Engineering and Information Systems
- Applications Programming
- Project Management
- Systems Analysis
Entertainment Studies and Performing Arts
- Business and Management of Entertainment
- Film Scoring
- Music Business
- Screenwriting: Film & TV
Humanities and Sciences
- Pre-Medical and General Sciences Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Program in Classics
- Allow international students to earn a certificate in their home country; F-1 visa is not required
- Can be completed entirely online, providing the convenience of a virtual education and the prestige of UCLA
- Include a wide range of subjects such as Marketing, Business Writing, Project Management, Screenwriting, and more
- Provide superior English language instruction for international students
- Benefit students interested in improving their academic and communication skills for personal or professional reasons
- Include online courses such as Business Writing for Non-Native Speakers, and Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation
- Offer English language conditional admission to students entering a UCLA Extension certificate program; interested students may have their TOEFL or IELTS scores waived by completing the ALC Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP) level 106A, with a grade of A- or higher. For further details, please check admission requirements of the certificate program you’re interested in.
UCLA and UCLA Extension are located in Westwood Village, one of the safest and most attractive neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Only a short-bus ride away from Beverly Hills and the Santa Monica beach, Westwood features theatres, shops, markets, museums, and a variety of restaurants.
As a UCLA Extension student, you will enjoy UCLA’s recreational facilities that include a tennis center, swimming pools, and a fitness center. Rock climbing, surfing, sailing, and mountain biking are year-round sports; skiing and snowboarding in the nearby mountains are popular in winter months. When you’re not studying, you can explore beautiful beaches and mountains, great shopping centers, exciting nightlife, impressive art galleries, and attend movie premiers.
Apartments, dormitories, and homestays (cost not included in the program/course fees).
10995 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90024