University of California, Santa Barbara
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, English for Academic Purposes
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 60 +, IELTS: Band 6 +
- Social Media
The University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) is part of the 10-campus University of California system, and is one of the most respected public research universities in the world. UCSB’s faculty includes six Nobel Prize recipients.
Impressive World and National Rankings, see:
- U.S. News and World Report's 2017 “Best Colleges” guide, the most widely read college guide in the country, ranks UCSB number 8 among all public universities.
- UC Santa Barbara ranks among higher-education leaders in the United States and Canada as one of only 62 research-intensive institutions elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
Amazing Weather and Natural Beauty
- Santa Barbara is known for its Mediterranean climate, wide sandy beaches, beautiful mountain trails, and small-town charm.
Experience UCSB Extension
Extension is the continuing education division of UCSB. As a student at UCSB Extension, you will be part of an internationally recognized program, with excellent resources, innovative teaching methods, flexible curriculum and academic services that offer an exceptional experience in a beautiful location, on the edge of the Pacific Ocean.
Experience Campus Life!
- All classes held on the beautiful UCSB campus
- Live in a vibrant college town located adjacent to campus
- Diversity: students on the UCSB campus represent over 75 countries and report an exceptional level of satisfaction with their overall campus experience
- International Student Programs are offered year round
- Students enter their desired program any quarter, fall, winter, spring, summer and study for one or more quarters. (Some restrictions apply.)
- UC Santa Barbara Extension is the gateway for visiting students to participate in UCSB academic and/or professional development courses
- Qualified students can transfer from Advanced English Program (Academic Track) to International Student Programs (ISP) in:
- University Immersion Program
- Graduate Studies Preparation Program
UCSB Extension’s International Student Programs (ISP) offer a variety of high quality programs, and credits earned may be transferred to universities around the world or used to complement students’ professional goals.
- Advanced English Program (AEP): Comprises two tracks: Academic English and Business English. Improve your verbal and written English language skills and gain critical tools and competencies for advanced academic study or English-speaking business contexts.
- University Immersion Program (UIP): Study alongside UCSB students and engage with faculty who are world-leaders in their field. Gain marketable skills applicable to businesses throughout the world.
- Graduate Studies Preparation Program (GSPP): Understand the admissions process for graduate school in the USA. Take the steps that lead to success.
- Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages Program (TESOL): Join American and international students in an intensive summer TESOL Certificate Program. Study current theory and a highly practical and effective approach to English Language teaching.
- Marketing: Whether students seek to market a business product or service, this certificate offers a variety of courses to suit their interests and needs, including digital and global marketing, strategic branding, public relations, web analytics, project management, and more.
- Project Management: Project management is a proven methodology for planning, organizing, and controlling complex activities in any industry. In this program participants learn the essentials for initiating and completing successful projects, while developing interpersonal and leadership skills for working in team environments.
- Business Leadership: Complexity in today’s work environments requires leadership defined by strategic thinking, diversity skills, and emotional intelligence. Courses in this program offer opportunities for students to define and strengthen their leadership acumen, build skills in business negotiation, and learn to apply ways of working within an organization’s culture.
- Technology Management: Today’s technology companies seek employees with greater business awareness and appreciation for the entire process of innovation from conception to market. Training in technology management helps participants develop skills to lead teams, market new products, interact with international subsidiaries, and manage financial systems.
UCSB Extension offers a full range of international student support services including:
- Academic advising
- F-1 Visa and immigration advising
- Housing assistance
- Student Health Services
All international students must submit English proficiency test scores that meet each individual International Student Program’s minimum requirement for admission.
Students arrange for their own housing directly with the housing provider of their choice. Housing assistance (rental listings, rental advice, and roommate services) is provided.
Santa Barbara is a picturesque coastal community, about a two hour drive north of Los Angeles. With a population of 89,000, Santa Barbara provides an exciting, friendly, and welcoming environment for international students. Santa Barbara offers students a broad range of cultural, recreational, educational, and entertainment opportunities in an incredibly beautiful location. The city is known for its Mediterranean climate, wide sandy beaches, inviting mountain trails, and timeless charm. The city of Santa Barbara is small enough to make the visitor feel welcome, and big and diverse enough to offer the varied cultural attractions of a larger American city.
The unique combination of scenic natural beauty and a varied cultural landscape make Santa Barbara a world-famous international destination. Santa Barbara’s proximity to Los Angeles and its many international artists and performers make for a colorful and ever-changing menu of cultural activities. Dance, theater, concerts, recitals, museums, shopping, restaurants, and a year-round offering of outdoor ethnic festivals all combine to add to the flavor of this celebrated seaside community. There are also many historic places of interest in the downtown shopping district where self-guided walking tours reveal Santa Barbara’s Spanish colonial past.
Santa Barbara is situated along a series of hills and valleys between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. The warm weather, mountains, beaches, and the many beautiful city parks make Santa Barbara a perfect environment for water sports and other outdoor activities.
Mail Code 1110
Santa Barbara CA 93106