University of California, Santa Barbara
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, English for Academic Purposes
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 60 +, IELTS: Band 6 +
- Social Media
About UCSB PaCE
University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) is part of the 10-campus University of California system, and is one of the most respected public research universities in the world. UCSB’s faculty includes six Nobel Prize recipients.
UCSB Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) is the continuing education division of UCSB. As a student here, you will be part of an internationally recognized program, with excellent resources, innovative teaching methods, flexible curriculum and academic services that offer an exceptional experience in a beautiful location, on the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean.
- Campus on the beach
- Mediterranean mild climate
- Driving distance to San Francisco & Los Angeles
- Lively college town alongside of campus
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- Wide variety of academic and professional development programs
- Student population from over 75 countries
- Affordable tuition
- Smaller class sizes
- Academic advising at PaCE : one-on-one or in small groups
- Customized instruction from instructors and staff
- U.S. News and World Reports 2019 “Best Colleges” guide, ranks UCSB #5 among all public universities and #14 most diverse university.
- In its 2013-2016 ranking of the world’s top 500 universities, Leiden University ranked UCSB #2 for research impact in the sciences.
- The campus is home to 10 national institutes and centers.
- Over 60 Guggenheim scholars
- Princeton Review ranked UC Santa Barbara as the #1 Green School among public universities in their 2015 Guide to 353 Green Colleges.
- UC Santa Barbara ranks among higher-education leaders in the United States and Canada as 1 of only 62 research-intensive institutions.
SELECT INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS THROUGH PaCE
UCSB PaCE International Student Programs offer a variety of high quality programs, and credits earned may be transferred to universities around the world, or used to complement students’ professional goals. We share some of our popular program highlights below, but be sure to visit our website for a more complete list.
- University Immersion Program: Study alongside UCSB students and engage with faculty who are world-leaders in their field. Gain marketable skills applicable to businesses throughout the world.
- English Academy and University Preparation: Designed specifically for incoming college undergraduates and for upper level international high school students, this program offers two tracks. The one week Undergraduate Preparation Boot Camp, offers introduction to US university culture and typical admission processes as well as workshops in spoken English. In our six-week English Academy program the emphasis is on significant improvement in conversational as well as academic English as students immerse themselves in a more extended academic environment.
- Professional Certificates for Internationals: A wide variety of professional certificates such as Technology Management, Business Leadership, Practical Project Management, Digital Marketing etc., provide in-depth, practical, and career-focused skills while offering invaluable insight into American professional life and work culture.
- Step UPP: This is a STEP-by-step Undergraduate Preparation Program designed to prepare high school graduates to seek admission to a US research university. As a defined pathway, it allows students to receive an exceptional, progressive preparation for succeeding in the rigorous academic environment of top universities in the US.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT): Set up a temporary (up to 12 months) employment in a field directly related to your major field of study, post completion.
- Medical English Immersion: Students learn to read, interpret and critically assess medical texts and case studies, medical statistics, manuals, operating instructions, as well as analyze charts and graphs, and take notes while attending lectures and seminars.
This is a fun-loving, safe, small and culturally diverse community, with a very strong academic foundation. Once you have been admitted to PaCE, we will be in constant contact with you and will hold an extensive orientation with your cohort before academic instruction begins. We will make every effort possible to ensure everyone is well adjusted to UC Santa Barbara and all of its surroundings.
- Comprehensive orientation before classes begin
- On campus Student Health Services
- F-1 Visa and immigration advising
- Housing assistance through Community Housing Services of UCSB
Mail Code 1110
Santa Barbara CA 93106