West Hills College Coalinga
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Computer Science, Liberal Arts
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Experience the beauty of California while earning your degree!
Enjoy the sunshine at West Hills College Coalinga- a welcoming and safe two-year college located in the city of Coalinga, California.
West Hills College Coalinga is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
The first two years at WHCC are similar to the first two years in a university. Students may then choose to transfer to a university after completing their Associate of Arts degree. Many of our students transfer to local, state and national universities. Top choices include the 23 California State University campuses and the 10 University of California campuses in the state of California.
West Hills College Coalinga offers students the same lower-division courses that four-year universities offer, with many added benefits:
- New student orientation
- Low student to faculty ratio
- Instructors committed to students
- Friendly and resourceful staff
- Diverse student population
- Knowledgeable staff to help assist in transfer to four-year universities
- Lower tuition costs
- International student support services
- Introductory English courses designed for students learning English as a Second Language
- Computer assisted instruction
- Free tutoring offered
- Wireless internet access
- On campus housing
- 365 Registration (Students can register for one full academic year when they arrive on campus).
International Students have the following services:
Airport pick up/drop off is available for students at the Fresno Yosemite International Airport, local bus station and train station.
International Students must arrive one week prior to the start of classes. Students are given a placement exam and will meet with an advisor/counselor to determine their courses and academic planning.
International students who need additional English preparation may choose to enroll in our English as a Second Language courses to acquire and improve their English skills. At least two years of prior English study is required, in order for students to be admitted to West Hills College.
Tutoring is available for students for courses in which they feel they need additional preparation, including our conversational partner program for students seeking to improve their English. This service is free of charge.
Counseling and Advising is available for students. Students are encouraged to meet with their counselor/advisor regularly to monitor their academic progress. Counselors and advisors are available for students year round.
Students who have been referred to West Hills College Coalinga may sign a release form that authorizes West Hills College Coalinga to have regular contact with their home agency.
West Hills College Coalinga provides assistance to all international students seeking housing. Housing options include:
- On-campus housing: International Students are required to live on campus during their first year at West Hills College Coalinga. International students admitted into West Hills College Coalinga are guaranteed a place in the residence hall.
- Off-campus housing: Off-campus housing is recommended for returning students who have been at West Hills College Coalinga for more than one year, and who have adjusted to living in the US.
International students have several opportunities to become involved in lectures and programs as well as scheduled field trips. West Hills College Coalinga schedules educational and recreational field trips to the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California (Hollywood), theme parks (Six Flags), the Central California Coast, and other locations throughout California.
West Hills College Coalinga offers several sports in which international students may participate. They include: football, basketball, baseball, rodeo, volleyball and softball.
International students have access to several on-campus computer labs, including the library and women’s residence hall.
International Students Program
300 Cherry Lane
Coalinga CA 93210