State University of New York, New Paltz
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
$10,000 — $15,000 Semester
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Accreditation and Certification
EnglishUSA Member, UCIEP Member, MSCHE, AACSB, NASM
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 80 +, IELTS: Band 6.5 +
- Social Media
Introduction to the State University of New York (SUNY) at New Paltz
Located in the beautiful Hudson Valley, only 90 minutes north of New York City, SUNY New Paltz offers the best of both worlds by allowing students to experience a traditional American college campus while being just a train or bus ride away from Times Square. SUNY New Paltz is also one of 64 campuses within the prestigious SUNY system of colleges and universities, the largest system of public higher education in the United States, and offers undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in a number of competitive academic fields.
- #7 Public Regional Universities-North, U.S. News and World Report 2017-2018
- #28 All Regional Universities-North, U.S. News and World Report 2017-2018
- #54 Best Value Schools-North, U.S. News and World Report 2017-2018
- #75 "Best College Values" U.S. Public Colleges & Universities, Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- #95 "America's Top Colleges" U.S. Public Colleges & Universities, Forbes Magazine
The Haggerty English Language Program
Established in 1979 as an integral part of the Center for International Programs at SUNY New Paltz, the Haggerty English Language Program (HELP) offers quality English language instruction to international students from around the world. Various program offerings allow university-bound students, professionals, teachers, and general language learners to improve their English skills while immersing themselves in American culture.
- Pathway Program (conditional admissions)
- General Intensive English
- 3-week English for Your Career
- 5-week Intensive English
- EFL Teacher Training
- 4 levels of instruction, from beginner to academic preparation.
- Conditional admissions through the Pathway Program: students can prepare for undergraduate or post-graduate studies by improving their academic English skills prior to starting, while earning credit toward their degree.
- Conversation Partner Program: native English speakers are paired with international students each semester for additional language practice and cultural exchange.
- Community Ambassador Program: international students are paired with people and families from the local community for additional language practice and cultural exchange, and to get to know the surrounding area.
- Trips, activities, and events: examples include trips to New York City, Boston, and Washington D.C., an on-campus multicultural festival, holiday celebrations, athletic days and sports games, and more.
Current Available Session Dates (2018)
- January 17 - May 17 (Spring, 16 weeks)
- June 7 - June 29 (Summer, 3 weeks)
- July 5 - August 10 (Summer, 5 weeks)
- August 21 - December 20 (Fall, 16 weeks)
English Class Fees*
- 16-week Semesters: $5,400
- 3-week Summer: $1,600
- 5-week Summer: $2,400
*Prices indicate the cost of class fees only - to view the total cost for each program option, (including housing, university fees, health insurance, and textbooks), please visit our website.
1 Hawk Drive
Van den Berg Hall, Rm 201
New Paltz NY 12561