New York Institute of Technology
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Dormitory
TOEFL: 80 +, IELTS: Band 6 +
- Social Media
Explore New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) -- a dynamic, highly ranked, accredited, private not-for-profit university committed to educating the next generation of leaders. We inspire innovation and advance entrepreneurship.
NYIT offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. We have more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; interdisciplinary studies and education; management; and osteopathic medicine.
Our 12,000 students represent all U.S. states and 125 countries, and become engaged, technologically savvy physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, health care professionals, and more.
With campuses spanning the globe, from the United States to Canada, United Arab Emirates, and China, we welcome nearly 3,000 international students at our New York campuses.
Experience New York
Live in and experience New York, the center of world commerce and culture, and make lifelong friends from around the world. You will be valued by employers looking for professionals who are comfortable in the increasingly global, digital economy of the 21st century.
- NYIT-Manhattan campus: Located in the heart of bustling New York City, NYIT’s Manhattan campus is within walking distance of Lincoln Center and Central Park, easily accessible by public transportation, and close to some of the best theaters, museums, libraries, international corporations, and restaurants in the world.
- NYIT-Old Westbury campus: Located about 50 kilometers outside of New York City on Long Island, the Old Westbury campus is easily accessible by train. Research labs, classroom buildings, and recreational facilities are connected by wooded and tree-lined walkways. NYIT’s Division I and II athletic teams – including baseball, basketball, cross- country, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, and volleyball – call this campus home.
Residence halls, available to all students, are a short distance from both campuses and accessible by public transportation. NYIT’s Office of International Education and International Student Ambassadors provide personal assistance and support as you adjust to new surroundings, new food, and new culture.
- 93.4% of NYIT graduates are employed or go on to graduate school within six months of graduation.
- NYIT is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and chartered by the Board of Regents of the State University of New York. Individual programs and schools as well as our global campuses have prestigious accreditations and designations.
- NYIT received the Senator Paul Simon award for excellence in international education.
- U.S. News & World Report recognizes NYIT as one of the top universities in the north.
- NYIT is rated one of the safest colleges in America by Niche.com.
- College Values Online ranks NYIT as one of the top 50 computer science degrees for international students.
How to Apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, as long as space is available. Some programs have specific requirements and deadlines.
General Application Requirements
- Completed NYIT Online Application (first-year and transfer students may complete the Common Application)
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE)
Undergraduate Deadlines: December 1 for spring semester; July 1 for fall semester
Graduate Deadlines: Vary by program
First-Year Undergraduate Applicants
- Copies of high school transcripts, including college-level courses, translated into English
- Proof of high school graduation
- Two letters of recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores (required if you are applying to the Mechanical Engineering or Nursing program, or to be considered for an academic scholarship)
- Copies of transcripts of all college coursework
- Credential evaluation by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization
- Official high school transcript and SAT or ACT test scores (if you have fewer than 24 college credits completed)
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree
- Official GRE or GMAT score, if applicable to program requirements
Connect with NYIT
Visit our website to take a virtual tour of NYIT’s New York campuses, and to find out when admissions advisors will be in your area. Or, chat with us on social media. We look forward to meeting you!
New York NY 10023
Old Westbury NY 11568