- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Communication, Biology
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 80 +, IELTS: Band 6.5 +
- Social Media
A Bridge to YOUR Future
Manhattanville College is a private liberal-arts college located in scenic Purchase, New York, just 30 minutes north of New York City. Our global campus is represented by students from more than 55 countries. From around the world, Manhattanville students come together to make a warm, inclusive, safe, and truly global community of 1,800 undergraduates. Their many passions fuel a lively campus culture anchored by an extraordinary commitment to civic outreach. International students benefit from being part of the Valiant Community because it combines the freedom and flexibility of a liberal arts education with the structure and support students need to build a strong foundation for career success.
Manhattanville offers a rigorous, yet flexible liberal arts education. We provide students with the experiences they need to demonstrate to employers a wide range of skills and knowledge, across numerous subjects. Manhattanville students can choose from majors, minors, concentrations, and pre-professional tracks in over 50 areas of study.
One of the many reasons international students choose Manhattanville College is for its close proximity to New York City, with access to plentiful cultural, internship and job opportunities. New York City adds real-world context to learning at Manhattanville.
Manhattanville’s global perspective is enriched by its role as a Non-Governmental Organization of the United Nations. Students have the opportunity to intern at the UN and to study with an ambassador.
Involved in the world we will help shape
The Duchesne Center serves as the coordinator and catalyst for service learning, community outreach, culture, and leadership across the Manhattanville campus and around the world. Last year, students participated in over 30,000 hours of community service.
Manhattanville students actively seek opportunities to serve humanitarian causes in the developing world. Manhattanville graduates take their education around the world, contributing their ideas and energy to communities everywhere.
- Enrollment: 2,900
- Undergraduate: 1,800
- Graduate: 1,100
- International Students: 13%
- Countries represented: 55+
- States represented: 40+
- Merit-based scholarships of $10,000-$24,000 per year
- 109 full-time faculty
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1
- Average class size: 19
Honors, Awards & Rankings
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018: Best and Most Interesting Colleges
- Money Magazine’s Best Colleges 2017-2018: 25 Best Private Colleges for Merit Aid
- Princeton Review 2018: Best Regional Colleges (Northeastern)
- US News & World Report 2018: Best Colleges 2018 (Regional Universities, North)
- Niche.com 2018: Most Diverse Colleges in America #38 of 1,673
- The Princeton Review 2018: The 382 Best Colleges
- Peterson’s new guidebook, Cool Colleges 101
- More than 100 target Career Center Events
- 650+ Internship Opportunities including PepsiCo, MasterCard, HBO Productions, Morgan Stanley, MTV Networks, VH1, NYU Medical, Madison Square Garden, Nike, WNBC, United Nations, Merrill Lynch, Human Rights Commission, and CNN America
- Mascot: Valiant
- 22 Division III teams
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Castle Scholars Honors Program
- More than 50 areas of study
Most popular majors:
- Digital Media Production
- Communication Studies
- Sport Studies
- Computer Science
- International Studies
- Performing Arts
The Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) provides orientation and international advising.
- 45+ clubs and organizations
- 30,000+ hours of community service per year; 60+ outlets
- Free shuttle to places around White Plains and NYC
- 100+ study abroad opportunities
International Application Process
- Manhattanville Application or Common Application
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Official transcript translated into English
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Essay
Visa: International Students must submit financial documentation for the I-20 form to apply for F-1 Visa.
Deadlines: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and students can apply at any time.
- Early Action deadline: December 1st
- Priority deadline: March 1st
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase NY 10577
P: (914) 323-7289