- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
TOEFL and Test Preparation, English for Academic Purposes, Intensive English
Accreditation and Certification
CEA, EnglishUSA Member, UCIEP Member
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Homestay, Apartment
- Social Media
Drexel University is one of America’s 15 largest private universities and has been ranked among the nation’s Top 100 best universities for the past five years. Drexel is best known for starting one of the nation’s largest and oldest cooperative-education programs. Through the Drexel Co-op program, students gain on-the-job training with employers worldwide while earning their degree.
Drexel University is located in one of the nation’s first and largest cities – Philadelphia which is located halfway between New York City and Washington, D.C.
English Language Center
The English Language Center offers courses in academic English, Business English, TOEFL/IELTS Test Preparation, and an undergraduate conditional admission program. Courses are offered year round for beginner to advanced level students. All Drexel ELC instructors hold an advanced degree and have years of training and teaching experience.
INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM (IEP)
The Intensive English Program prepares students for academic study at an American university. The courses offered are designed to meet the academic, personal, and professional needs of students.
- 11-week terms
- 6-week half terms at the beginning of each full term
- 6 levels, from Beginner to Advanced
- 21 class hours per week
- 5 tracks of study:
- Intensive English – All Levels
- Global Business English (GLOBE) – Advanced Levels
- Language of Media & Design - Advanced Levels
- Language of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) - Advanced Levels
- TOEFL/IELTS Test Preparation – Intermediate to Advanced Levels
- Free tutoring sessions
- Academic advising for university study
DREXEL INTERNATIONAL GATEWAY
Academically qualified students that do not meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirement for undergraduate admission to Drexel University can receive conditional admission through Drexel International Gateway. Students improve their academic English skills while earning university credits!
- Applicants must meet Drexel University academic requirements
- Secondary school graduates with TOEFL scores from 53 to 73 or IELTS from 5.0 to 5.5 can apply for admission
- 9-12 months of academic English plus university courses
- Free tutoring sessions
- Individualized academic advising
Dates & Costs
Please visit http://drexel.edu/elc/apply/dates_prices/ for up to date information about dates and costs.
Because different students prefer different lifestyles, several types of housing are available.
- Homestay: Students live in an American home where they can practice English and learn about American culture.
- Off-campus student apartments near Drexel University
- International House: A large dormitory-style residence providing private bedrooms with shared bath and kitchen facilities, near the Drexel campus.
229 N. 33rd. St.
Philadelphia PA 19104