Harrisburg Area Community College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Engineering, English Language (ESL)
Type of Housing
- Social Media
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers a high-quality academic experience in a supportive environment at five physical campuses in Central Pennsylvania. We offer more than 120 two-year associate, certificate and degree porgrams with day, evening and weekend classes to meet the needs of students.
- More than 50 different countries are represented in an average year
- Campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York
- Central Pennsylvania is close to the metropolitan areas of Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
- Student-faculty ratio: 19-1
- Nearly 21,000 credit students and more than 50,000 students enrolled in workforce development and community education programs annually
- Accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Founded in 1964 as the first community college in Pennsylvania
Why Study at HACC?
- Quality education at an affordable price
- High transferability of HACC credits with more than 40 direct college/university agreements
- Experienced faculty who provide superior instruction and diversity of ideas and opinions
- Academic programs are fully accredited and nationally recognized
- Center for Global Education dedicated to serving the needs of international students
- Friendly, supportive staff and strong social network of students
- English as a Second Language Program (ESL)
The ESL program is a full-time intensive program offering four levels of instruction. Classes meet 15 hours a week with emphasis on speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Program prepares students for college level courses.
- Career Programs--
Career programs require four or more terms of full-time study to complete and include courses providing concentrated study in a particular field and general education; enable students to enter job market immediately upon graduation.
- Transfer Programs--
Transfer programs provide the first two years of education for a four-year bachelor’s degree. Top transfer schools for international students include Penn State University, Shippensburg University, Millersville University and Temple University.
Find a complete listing of programs at http://www.hacc.edu
Support Services for International Students
- International student orientation program
- Academic support services including free English tutoring, math tutoring and other subject-related tutoring
- Expert academic advising
- Student activities and organizations such as an International Student Club, and field trips
- Assistance with immigration responsibilities related to maintaining status, transfer, employment and travel
- Internships and practical training opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
The application and instructions for international students are accessible to download from our website. All applicants must submit an application along with supporting academic and financial documents. TOEFL exam results are not required. However, all new students will take placement tests upon arrival to determine their appropriate course selection. Accepted students will be issued an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 student visa.
HACC: Central Pennsylvania's Community College One HACC Drive
Harrisburg PA 17110