Trinity Valley Community College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Accreditation and Certification
AACC Schools, SACS, SACSCOC
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Trinity Valley Community College is a learning-centered college that provides quality academic, workforce, college preparatory, student support, and community service programs that prepare and empower students for success and promote and enhance life-long learning for all communities served.
About Us and Our Area
Trinity Valley was established in 1946, and is recognized by the Aspen Institute as among the Top 10% of Community Colleges in the United States. The College is fully accredited offering Associate of Art and Associate of Applied Science degrees, along with the opportunity for short-term Certificate programs for qualified students.
Located just 75 miles (120 kilometers) Southeast of Dallas, Athens has a small town atmosphere, yet it is close enough to enjoy the benefits of larger cities.
Athens is surrounded by a number of quality lakes, including Lake Athens and Cedar Creek Lake, making it a boater's and fisherman's paradise. The East Texas Arboretum & Botanical Society will delight the nature lover in everyone.
Athens is also home to The Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, a fish hatchery, museum and education center that boasts 300,000 gallons of aquaria along with other exhibits.
In addition to these attractions, Athens is known for being the “Home of the Hamburger” and is the “Black-Eyed Pea Capital of the World”.
Reasons to Attend
- Rated Top 10% of Community Colleges in the United States by the Aspen Institute
- Low cost – Approximately $12,000 for one academic year includes tuition, fees, housing, food, books, and personal expenses
- On-Campus Housing with space reserved specifically for international students
- Low TOEFL requirement
- Centralized International Student Office
- Small class size – Class sizes average approximately 25 students.
- Strong athletic tradition – The college holds 19 National Championships with team sports in Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Rodeo, and Cheerleading.
- Extensive Student Life and extracurricular offerings
- Community Connections – The college connects families and members of the Athens community to help international students with new experiences.
We welcome students for the 2016 spring semester. Application deadline is November 15, 2015. For consideration, please submit the following items:
- International Student Application
- $80 application fee
- All Official Transcripts translated into English
- TOEFL score of 41 internet, 132 computer, and 450 paper
- Proof of Financial Support in the amount of $12,000
500 S. Prairieville
Athens TX 75751