- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
University Transfer, High School Completion, Intensive English
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Homestay, Dormitory
TOEFL: 60 +, IELTS: Band 5.5 +
- Social Media
Welcome to Pierce College!
We invite you to study at Pierce College. Ranked in the top 10% of American 2-year community colleges, Pierce is a fully accredited public school, with two safe and modern campuses located near the Seattle area of Washington state, in Lakewood and Puyallup. International students come from around the world for Associate (university transfer) Degrees, studies in English language, professional-technical degree and certificate programs, and the Fast Track High School Completion Program, all taught by our outstanding faculty.
Intensive English (ESL) Program
- Classes in Reading, Writing, Grammar, Listening and Speaking
- 20 hours of academically focused instruction per week
- Beginning through advanced classes
- Small class size
- Direct entry to college (academic) programs guaranteed upon successful completion of the Intensive English Program
- American Conversation Partner Program
Associate Degrees (University Transfer Programs — 2 + 2 = 4): Students can complete the two-year Associate Degree at Pierce College, then transfer to a university and, after two more years of studies, earn a bachelor's degree. Many majors are available including art, business, communications, computers, economics, education, engineering, sciences, theatre arts, and digital film.
After being admitted to Pierce College, students can make a 4-year plan for completion of their bachelor’s degree. They can receive a guarantee of conditional admission from one our 14 partner universities, where they can transfer to complete their Bachelor’s degree. They can also participate in American Honors, a challenging program offered through Pierce College that connects students to more than 30 universities in the American Honors network.
Transfer advisors help students in the process of transferring to a university. Pierce College credits are recognized throughout the United States, and our graduates have transferred to many top universities, including the University of Washington; New York University; UCLA, University of California at Berkeley; University of Illinois- Urbana Champaign; Columbia; Carnegie Mellon; Purdue; Fashion Institute of New York, and Cornell University.
- Professional-Technical Degree or Certificate Programs: Students can gain valuable career skills in our short- or long-term job training programs. Fields of study include business, computer information systems, early childhood education and social service.
- Fast Track High School Completion Program: This program enables students to earn a Washington State High School Diploma and, at the same time, earn credits towards their bachelor's degree. It takes approximately two years to complete this program (depending on English proficiency). Students follow the course requirements for the Associate (university transfer) Degree. Students in the Fast Track Program enroll in classes that give them both high school and college/university credit.
The International Office helps students find an appropriate "home away from home." You can:
- Live with a host family and experience American culture first hand.
- Rent an apartment or furnished room in the safe, quiet neighborhood surrounding the campus.
Facilities, services, and activities for students
- A well-staffed International Office meets the special needs of international students.
- Nationally recognized, award-winning libraries with all the latest information technology.
- State-of-the-art computer labs.
- Tutoring and writing centers providing students extra help with their studies - for free!
- New Fitness Center
- New Science Building
- Student Programs office that organizes many fun activities, trips, and events for students.
- International students make new friends by participating in student clubs and organizations; college sports teams; student government; campus music, drama and film productions.
- Campus and local resources available for students of any culture or religion.
Applying for Admission
All applicants please submit the following:
- International Student Application (available at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/international/ref/files/ie_student_application_current.pdf)
- Application fee of $50 (can be paid at https://my.pierce.ctc.edu/webapps/RTPC_Server/pay.aspx?amt=5000)
- Official bank statement showing the availability of sufficient funds for all expenses for the first academic year: US$17,460 for the Intensive English Program, or US$18,852 for college or high school completion programs
- Transcripts from high school or university in English
- A copy of the ID page of your passport
- For students under 18 years of age: http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/international/ref/files/liability.pdf
Applicants to the Intensive English (ESL) Program or academic programs submit the above and proof of high school graduation or university/college attendance
Applicants to the High School Completion Program submit the above and high school transcript, in English
For direct admission to college-level classes, include one of the following with your application:
- TOEFL score of 61 (IBT) / 173 (CBT) / 500 (PBT)
- IELTS score of 5.5 with no band below 5
- STEP Eiken score of Grade 2A
Pierce College is on the quarter system and new students are admitted four times a year; classes start in September, January, March and June.
9401 Farwest Drive S.W.
Lakewood WA 98498-1999
1601 39th Avenue SE
Puyallup WA 98374