South Seattle College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Hospitality and Tourism, University Transfer, Aviation Maintenance
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
- Social Media
About South Seattle College
Established in 1969, South Seattle College is an accredited, two-year college located on an 87-acre hilltop overlooking Elliott Bay offering a panoramic view of the city skyline and surrounding mountains. This unique setting serves as a portal of opportunity for students with diverse needs to prepare to meet their educational and career goals.
Why Attend South Seattle College?
- South Seattle College guarantees lower tuition cost than a university for the first 2-years of study
- No TOEFL needed for admission
- Small class sizes (Average college class size: 15-22)
- Get personal attention from professors and ease into the American college system
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) to 17 universities across the United States
- A perfect location in a quiet and safe neighborhood with downtown Seattle just 10 minutes away
Programs We Offer:
(For information please visit http://www.southseattle.edu/international/Programs)
- 2+2 university transfer program
- Intensive English Program
- Professional/Technical (career-ready) degrees
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Culinary Arts
- And others...
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Hospitality Management
- 6-month & 1-year Certificates
- High School Conversion Program
- Customized Short-Term Programs on Demand
International Programs & Student Life at South Seattle College
With over 700 international students enrolled from all over the world, South Seattle College proudly serves a globally diverse student population. The Center for International Education office provides comprehensive services for international students, which prepare them to meet their goals for life and work. Students can participate in all campus events and programs: university and company tours, athletics, clubs, and student government, and use of campus facilities such as the library, computer labs, and fitness center.
Location & Transportation
South Seattle College is located in West Seattle, in Washington State on a beautiful, spacious and safe campus, near Alki beach and minutes from downtown Seattle. South Seattle College students typically use the fast and reliable bus system.
In order to assist students with finding housing to fit their personal life-style, South Seattle College has arranged clean, safe, and affordable housing with reliable partners. Whether you prefer to live with a host family or desire to be independent, you will find an option that fits YOU. For more information, please visit: http://www.southseattle.edu/international/student-housing
The following are housing options that you can choose from:
- American home stay
- Shared housing
Our Commitment to Affordable Education - A Great Value!
South Seattle College guarantees lower tuition costs than most 4-year universities for the first 2 years of study. Visit: http://www.southseattle.edu/international/tuition-and-fees
Study English at South Seattle College
South Seattle College’s Intensive English Program prepares international students for college level English and assists students who want to learn about American culture. Anyone who wants to learn English is welcome! No TOEFL or high school GPA minimum is required.
- Five levels for a total of 20 instruction hours per week
- Students are placed in appropriate level based on English placement test
- Small classes
- Interactive classes with activities
- Earn college-level credits at 5th level
Students who choose to study at South Seattle College after graduating from the Intensive English Program do not have to take a test to enter South Seattle College (No TOEFL required)!
For direct admission to academic level English classes (without IEP), students are required to have a TOEFL score of 72 (minimum 18 on all sections) or a IELTS score of 6.0 (minimum 5.5 on all sections)
Academic Programs at South Seattle College
Choose an academic program to suit your future goals!
- Associate of Arts or Science (A.A./A.S. university transfer) - a two-year university transfer program that requires 90 college level credits. Choose from 30+ programs.
- Associate of Applied Arts & Science (A.A.S.-Non-transfer) - a two-year professional technical program that requires 90 college level credits. Choose from 40+ programs.
- 1-year Certificate programs - about a year or less short-term professional technical training programs. Choose from 8 different programs.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Hospitality Management - a four-year bachelor's degree which will prepare students in hotel, restaurant, and cruise line management.
The High School Conversion Program
The High School Conversion Program offers international students the opportunity to complete a college degree and high school diploma at the same time! Save money and time by completing a Washington State high school diploma and transferable university credit at the same time.
American Language and Culture Program
The American Language and Culture program is a customized short-term group program for international students, visitors, and professionals who want to review and practice English speaking and listening skills while having fun cultural experience in Seattle.
How to Apply?
We encourage students to apply online at:
6000 16th Avenue SW
Seattle WA 98106-1499