Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Computer Science, Engineering
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech)
Founded in 1949, Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) is located in Kirkland, Washington, just outside of Seattle, and we are the only public institute of technology in the state of Washington. Kirkland is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Washington, and home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics, and within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo. The surrounding area offers numerous outdoor recreational opportunities and a wealth of diverse arts, entertainment and cultural attractions. Kirkland is just a few miles east of Seattle, and less than an hour from the foothills of the Cascade Mountains.
Why Attend LWTech?
- Innovative degree programs with hands on learning.
- No TOEFL needed for admission
- Personalized attention and support from application to graduation
- Close to Microsoft, Amazon, Google, GoDaddy, Astronics, Nintendo and other high technology/gaming companies
- Lower tuition cost
- Small classes (average 20-25 students)
- Scholarship opportunities
(For detailed program information please visit http://www.lwtech.edu/academics/ )
All LWTech Associate degrees transfer to a bachelor’s degree program either here or at another 4-year university. LWTech offers multiple degrees designed for students intending to transfer to 4-year institutions for a particular major including:
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Math Education
- Technology (industrial/mechanical technologies and mechanical/electrical/computer engineering technology)
- Computer & Electrical Pre-Engineering
- Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical, Industrial, Material Science Pre-Engineering
Our Associates in Applied Science degrees are built upon the technical courses that prepare students for jobs in specific industries. The degree requirements are created largely by the people in industry who serve on Advisory Committees here at LWTech.
LWTech currently offers 6 bachelor's degrees and more are coming soon. The current degree programs include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Dental Hygiene
- Information Technology: Computing and Software Development
- Digital Gaming and Interactive Media
- Public Health
- Transportation, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Technology in Applied Design
High School Completion
This programs enables students to earn a high school diploma, while earning college credit toward an associate or bachelor degree. Students must be 16 years old at the time they enter this program, and must have already completed the equivalent of 10th grade.
Scholarships for international students
Scholarships are available to both New and Current students through the LWTech Foundation. Please visit the LWTech Foundation website for more information and to apply. New students must submit official high school and/or college transcripts in English to apply as many of the scholarships are merit based.
Intensive English Program
No TOEFL required for admission. LWTech offers an Intensive English Program (IEP) and Bridge Program. The IEP prepares students for study at the college level, and is open to anyone interested in learning English. Students who submit an application without a TOEFL/IELTS score are admitted into the IEP program, and continue on into their academic program. Those who test into college level classes will be issued a new I-20 that indicates their intended college program. Students with the following qualifying test scores will be placed directly into their intended college program.
- TOEFL: iBT 70 (Minimum in each: Reading–15, Listening–15, Speaking–18, Writing–21)
- IELTS: Band of 6.0 (minimum 6.0 in each section)
The official TOEFL or IELTS test scores must be submitted directly to the International Office with the International Student Application form.
What Our Students Think
“I have had a very good experience at LWTech. The campus environment and class schedule are very convenient. The hands on teaching style provides good learning opportunities; and the advisors area very helpful with registering for classes.” ~Rahul Bheemanathi (India)
“LWTech is an ideal technical institute for those who wants to learn and study through practical experience. I’ve changed my major from business to applied design when I started studying here. I do really appreciate all the supportive faculty, instructors, co-workers and friends that have helped me achieve my academic goals.” ~Yutaro Sakai (Japan)
11605 132nd Avenue NE
Kirkland WA 98034