Arkansas Tech University
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
$10,000 — $15,000 Semester
- Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Engineering, Emergency & Disaster Management
Accreditation and Certification
HLC, AACSB, NASM, ABET
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
- Social Media
Arkansas Tech University (ATU) has developed a reputation as a school of choice for international students. During the fall 2019 semester, nearly 300 international students representing 42 countries were enrolled at our university. Programs such as Global Connect and our annual Light the Night festival build bonds between international students and American students.
Arkansas Tech has over 12,000 students. International students attend the ATU campus in Russellville, Arkansas, and benefit from a welcoming, safe environment. ATU has been educating students for more than 100 years, and we are located in one of the most beautiful and natural parts of our country. On-campus housing and dining will make Arkansas Tech a comfortable new home for you.
New Degree Options
Arkansas Tech students are defining their path to success in new and innovative ways.
New undergraduate programs of study in chemistry education, computer science education, electrical engineering biomedical option, environmental science, game and interactive media design and physics education debuted on the Russellville campus during the 2016-17 academic year. A Bachelor of Science degree and an Associate of Science degree in cybersecurity have also recently become part of the curriculum.
Graduates completing the electrical engineering biomedical option will be prepared to apply the concepts and principles of engineering to careers in a variety of health care disciplines.
The environmental science degree creates opportunities for graduates to work in government and private industry. The program includes courses in animal and plant taxonomy, geographic information systems and environmental assessment.
Successful students in the game and interactive media design program acquire the skills necessary to work in the video game and entertainment industries. Other career paths for graduates of the program include animation, simulation programming, web design and interactive visualization construction.
The cybersecurity degrees prepare you to understand how a threat occurs, how to prevent a threat and how to recover from a threat as it relates to the integrity of digital data.
These new options are in addition to popular existing programs such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, emergency management and much more. In all, there are more than 120 degree options available to Arkansas Tech students in Russellville.
More than 100 organizations operate on campus, so you can find something for almost any interest you may have.
- Teach others about your heritage and learn about theirs in the Association for Cultural Interaction or groups such as the Japanese, Chinese, Hispanic or Indian Student Associations.
- Honorary professional organizations are a great networking opportunity for your chosen career.
- Religious organizations help you maintain consistency in your life as you start college.
- Sharpen your leadership skills with a government or honorary service group.
- Stay active by joining a sports team or learn new skills on a less formal intramural team.
ATU offers 16 housing facility options for its students. You may choose to share space with one roommate or three. Apartment living, suite-style residence halls and traditional residence halls are all among the options for living at Arkansas Tech.
Regardless of which residence hall you live in, everyone benefits from educational and social programming that is planned and implemented by your peer resident assistants. These programs complement the classroom educational experience and build a sense of community.
All halls are completely furnished. Other amenities include cable television, internet and free laundry.
ATU English Language Institute
If you plan to earn a college degree in the U.S. and want to learn or simply improve your English, then the English Language Institute (ELI) is just the place for you. We offer everything you need to become a great speaker of English:
- Excellent student-to-faculty ratio means only 10 to 15 students per class.
- Intensive English language curriculum is designed to prepare you for university level academic courses.
- Courses cover English writing, grammar, reading, listening and speaking skills, along with cultural awareness skills. We even offer special courses like film and music.
- Qualified and experienced staff give you individualized attention.
- You will show rapid improvement in language skills when following recommendations.
- Computer-based language learning is provided, and our new technology center offers the most up-to-date resources.
- Conversation partners are provided during each session for one-on-one English practice.
Arkansas Tech is an authorized TOEFL IBT Test Center.
The International Student Services Office at ATU provides international students with the mentoring and programming necessary for success.
Tomlinson Hall 029
1507 North Boulder Avenue
Russellville AR 72801