Otero Junior College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Nursing, Agricultural Studies
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Apartment, Dormitory
TOEFL: 60+, IELTS: Band 5.5+, PTE Academic: 40+
- Social Media
Welcome, International Students!
At Otero Junior College, we are interested in providing students a quality education wrapped in an experience that will last a lifetime. Through programs, activities, and events designed to enhance the student experience, the International Relations Office strives to foster international awareness and appreciation on the Otero Junior College campus and the greater community while providing crucial support services to our international student population.
Five Great Reasons to Come to OJC
- Whether coming for the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program or a one-year certificate program, Otero Junior College provides students with a challenging but supportive academic environment where you are more than just a number.
- The cost of attendance makes OJC an affordable choice for students with a variety of goals.
- Agreements guarantee students pursuing a different degree plans to transfer 60 hours of credit earned at Otero Junior College to most public and private institutions in Colorado with ease to complete a Bachelor of Arts or Science in just two more years. As an accredited institution, Otero Junior College credit is also accepted for transfer at most insitutions outside of Colorado, but without the formalized agreements we have with Colorado institutions.
- At Otero Junior College students can live on-campus giving them easy access to classes, on-campus activities and events through a variety of clubs and special programs, and opportunities to interact with a variety of people to strengthen their language skills and confidence.
- Once students complete their studies, they can apply for OPT which gives them the opportunity to work for up to a year in their field of study. This provides important work experience and insight into your field of study before completing upper level field of study courses that might help narrow your scope.
Most popular areas of study
- Academic Transfer (Associate of Arts/Associate of Science)
- International Student Online Application. https://www.ojc.edu/futurestudents/futureinternational/prointonlineapp.aspx
- Passport. Copy of the ID page of your passport
- Transcripts. A copy of your high school transcripts, translated into English, with the date of graduation indicated.
- Statement of Financial Support & Supplemental Documentation. To prove that you have the funds necessary to cover the cost of your education, including tuition / fees / room / board / books / insurance, at OJC for at least one year. (2020-2021= $18,120 USD)
Proof of English Language Ability. There are several way that students can use to demonstrate their language level.
TOEFL iBT 60 (minimum of 15 in each category)
500 PBT or IBT (paper or institutional based test)
5.5 IELTS Score44 PTE Academic
1050 GTEC Score
2nd A Step EIKEN Test
Intensive Interview with Director
Transcripts from a high school where English was the primary language of instruction.
The Otero Junior College Family
Starting at the admissions process, we develop strong connections with our students to better help them navigate the path to reach their goals. Our International Relations Office offers a full range of services with international students specifically in mind. These include services like airport pick-up and drop-off shuttle from Denver Internatioanl Airport, a specialized Orientation and activities like transfer trips to help students become more familiar with the transfer process for international students.
Otero Junior College has a variety of student organizations to help students connect with each other over common interest and promote a viberant and engaged community. These stretch from student life focused clubs like Neighbors (student housing organization), to academic clubs like the Psychology Club.
The International Relations Organization or IRO, offers all OJC students opportunities to get involved both on and off campus. In addition to excursions and activities like going to see the Nuggets or Avalanche play at the Pespi Center, go hiking in Vogel Canyon or to cooking dinner together at a Food Share, the IRO sponsors regular Lunch & Learn programs, the OJC Talent Concert with the Neighbors in the fall and International Foods Night in the spring.
1802 Colorado Avenue
LaJunta CO 81050