Harrisburg Area Community College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Engineering, English Language (ESL)
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
- Social Media
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers a high-quality academic experience in a supportive environment at five physical campuses in Central Pennsylvania. We offer more than 100 programs including two-year associate degrees and certificate programs with day, evening and weekend classes to meet the needs of students.
- More than 50 different countries are represented in an average year
- Campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York
- Central Pennsylvania is close to the metropolitan areas of Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
- Student-faculty ratio: 19-1
- Nearly 16,000 credit students and more than 50,000 students enrolled in workforce development and community education programs annually
- Accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Founded in 1964 as the first community college in Pennsylvania
Why Study at HACC?
- Quality education at an affordable price
- High transferability of HACC credits with more than 40 direct college/university agreements
- Experienced faculty who provide superior instruction and diversity of ideas and opinions
- Academic programs are fully accredited and nationally recognized
- Center for Global Education dedicated to serving the needs of international students
- Friendly, supportive staff and strong social network of students
- English as a Second Language Program (ESL)
The ESL program is a full-time intensive program offering four levels of instruction. Classes meet 15 hours a week with emphasis on speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Program prepares students for college level courses.
- Career Programs--
Career programs require four or more terms of full-time study to complete and include courses providing concentrated study in a particular field and general education; enable students to enter job market immediately upon graduation.
- Transfer Programs--
Transfer programs provide the first two years of education for a four-year bachelor’s degree. Top transfer schools for international students include Penn State University, Shippensburg University, Millersville University and Temple University.
Find a complete listing of programs at http://www.hacc.edu
Support Services for International Students
- International student orientation program
- Academic support services including free English tutoring, math tutoring and other subject-related tutoring
- Expert academic advising
- Student activities and organizations such as an International Student Club, and field trips
- Assistance with immigration responsibilities related to maintaining status, transfer, employment and travel
- Internships and practical training opportunities
International admissions information can be found at www.hacc.edu/international. All applicants must submit an online application along with supporting academic and financial documents. Test scores are not required, but recommended. Accepted students will be issued an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 student visa.
HACC: Central Pennsylvania's Community College One HACC Drive
Harrisburg PA 17110