Foothill College / De Anza College
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, Computer Science, Engineering
Accreditation and Certification
AACC Schools, WASC
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 60+, IELTS: Band 6+
- Social Media
When you choose Foothill or De Anza College you will unlock a world of opportunities. Whether it’s your goal to begin your studies with us and then transfer to a top university, experience a Californian lifestyle, change the world….or all of the above, your pathway to success starts here. With us, you will complete the first two years of your four-year bachelor’s degree program and then transfer into the third year of study at any university in the United States. Located in the dynamic San Francisco Bay Area and recognized as innovative and forward-thinking, we offer flexible admission to over 100 majors, and guaranteed or preferred admission to 19 universities, including 7 University of California campuses.
Your Success Starts Here!
- Ranked #1 for the highest number of students transferred to University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) systems combined.
- 84 international transfer students were recently accepted to UC Berkeley, 105 to UCLA, 291 to UC San Diego, and 369 to UC Davis in Fall 2019
- International students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, USC, Yale, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, NYU, Cal Tech, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, University of Indiana, and many more.
- Affordable tuition - $8,500.00 per year
- Flexible admission 3 times a year with no SAT requirement
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, near San Francisco, home to more than 6000 top companies including Google, Apple, Facebook, Tesla, NASA Research Labs, and more.
- Guest speakers on campus in our Celebrity Forum series have included Bill Clinton, Steve Wozniak, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Yo-Yo Ma, Queen Noor of Jordan, Michio Kaku, Anderson Cooper, and more. International students get free tickets!
- Alumni include Apple co-founders Steve Wozniak (who later transferred to UC Berkeley) and Steve Jobs
Strong Academics and Support
At Foothill or De Anza you will learn in an academic environment, using state of the art laboratories, and the latest technology. Our faculty includes nationally recognized Fulbright scholars, California Professors of the Year, and other top professionals and award winners in their fields. They’ve joined our faculty because they love teaching and working with our students. Our classes feature small size, individual attention, and instruction from professors, not teaching assistants.
Students take advantage of our outstanding transfer support such as academic counselors who specifically serve international students, free tutoring, peer mentors, annual transfer fairs, visits from more than 300 universities a year, and Transfer Centers. All of this helps international students to successfully transfer into their third year at top-ranked universities to receive their bachelor’s degree at half the cost.
San Francisco and Silicon Valley Location:
Foothill and De Anza are located close to San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley. With 300 sunny days and an average temperature of 21°C, the area offers a truly Californian lifestyle. A short trip brings students to San Francisco or Pacific Coast beaches, which offer some of the best surfing, golfing, and sightseeing in the country. We are surrounded by the headquarters of Apple, Yahoo!, Google, Adobe, Facebook, Pixar and over 6,000 other technology companies making us the ideal place to explore the spirit of innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship.
Campus Life & Facilities
- The American Institute of Architects has honored Foothill campus as "the most beautiful community college ever built".
- Opportunities to be engaged, learn, and lead are limitless: over 90 clubs, student government, varsity athletics and intramural teams, newspaper, Honors Program, radio station, campus abroad programs, student activities, and cultural heritage months.
- Campus highlights include leading-edge computer and multimedia labs, 3D printer labs, broadcast media center, dental clinic, stadiums, theatres, environmental studies lab, golf and tennis Complex, Olympic-size swimming pools, and planetarium.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for Fall (July 31 deadline), Winter (October 31 deadline), or Spring (January 31 deadline) quarters. English proficiency requirements are: TOEFL 500 or 61 iBT, or IELTS of 6.0.
- If your English test score is below our minimum for admission, you may wish to attend one of our partner language schools for guaranteed admission to Foothill and De Anza upon completion of a specified level at the language school. In this case, TOEFL or IELTS scores are not required.
"My experience at Foothill can be described with one word: inspiration. Outstanding and supportive teachers inspired me to transfer to USC (Top 10 Business School), where I was already selected to intern at Helios AMC, participated in Las Vegas and Mexico Corporate Tours, and got a summer internship in one of the biggest European banks. It is the foundation in business that I acquired during my two years at Foothill, coupled with its phenomenal transfer reputation, resources and challenging Honors program, that helped me to succeed"
"I am so proud that I could pursue my academic interests at De Anza and compete in the Northern California Track and Field Championship meeting some world class athletes"
International Admissions 12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills CA 94022
International Programs 21250 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Cupertino CA 95014