- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Business, University Transfer, Fashion
Type of Housing
IELTS: Band 5+, TOEFL: 46+
- Social Media
Located 30 miles north of San Diego, Palomar College offers a safe and quiet environment suitable for serious studies. Palomar offers over 120 certificate, associate in arts/science degree, and transfer programs, giving students many options. Campus facilities include a theater, radio/television stations, library, wellness center, tennis courts, baseball/soft ball fields, dome, swimming pool, health services, computer labs, bookstore, cafeteria, planetarium, and an art gallery. Palomar is close to many tourist spots such as the Wild Animal Park, San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Legoland, Disneyland and Mexico. Students also enjoy spending time at the beach, desert and mountains.
Palomar College is an educational leader committed to quality learning. We provide our community the knowledge, information, skills, and aesthetic appreciation necessary to live responsibly, effectively, and creatively in an interdependent and changing world.
Many students, after completing their general education and major preparation requirements, transfer from Palomar to four year institutions such as UCLA, UC Berkeley, SDSU, UCSD, and CSU San Marcos, to name a few. The International Student Counselor helps each student to develop an education plan to promote a smooth, timely completion of the student's program.. Some of the popular programs offered by the College include University Studies, Art, Graphic Communications, Performing Arts, Accounting, Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Radio and Television, Cinema, Interior Design, Fashion, and Child Development
Office of International Education
The staff at the Office of International Education provide international students a variety of student support services and programs including pre-admission information; housing referral; admissions and enrollment; visa and immigration advising; personal, academic, and career counseling; health insurance information; and friendship. We are here to help students achieve their academic and professional goals.
Top 10 reasons to attend Palomar College
- The only Vanguard college on the west coast
- Affordable - About 1/3 of the tuition fees at public 4-year institutions
- Small class size - Easier access to the professor
- Variety of programs - Over 120 Associate in Arts, Certificate, and Transfer programs
- Safe and quiet environment - You can focus on your studies
- Transfer program - Complete the first two years of the undergraduate program and transfer to a 4-year institution while saving money
- Athletic programs - Palomar offers many athletic programs, which include American football, basketball, tennis, soccer, swimming, golf, cross country, water polo, and softball
- Student clubs - Participate in any of the student clubs to make more friends
- Academic ESL program - Experienced faculty help you gain advanced skills in the English language while earning transferable credits
- Extensive student service programs - Centralized international office, free tutoring, transfer center, career center, computer labs, wireless access on campus, bookstore, cafeteria, library, and health services center.
Palomar College accepts international students for the spring and fall semester. Admission for the summer session is also possible.
- International student application form with a photograph
- TOEFL score of 47
- Official copy of transcript in English (from all the schools attended, starting from high school)
- Official bank statement (minimum deposit of $19.500)
Spring semester (January): October 15th
Fall semester (August): May 1st (outside U.S.)/May 15th (already in the U.S.)
1140 West Mission Road
San Marcos CA 92069-1487
P: 760.744.1150, x2167
1140 West Mission Road
San Marcos CA 92069
P: 760-744-1150 ext. 21