- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
City, Small/College town, Suburban, Rural
Accreditation and Certification
CEA, EnglishUSA Member
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Homestay, Apartment, Dormitory
- Social Media
Welcome to California
California, the third largest state in the United States, is a land famous for its exceptional opportunities.
Often referred to as “The Golden State,” California is truly the place where you can have it all – you can earn a degree at the school of your dreams, revel in Hollywood glamour and glitz, bask in dreamy weather, and spend your weekends at the beach, desert, forest or a snow-capped mountain.
Welcome to California, where the sun shines and dreams come true.
Study California is a membership-driven non-profit public benefit corporation of the State of California formed for the purpose of bringing talented international students to diverse educational programs offered by California’s institutions of higher education and English language programs.
Because the demand is so high for education in the United States, and because California offers such a diversity of quality programs, Study California was formed to offer students and advisors one place where individuals could search for programs.
Study California strives to increase the number of international students enrolling in California’s schools and universities, as well as to facilitate partnerships between California’s schools and schools abroad. It is an important mission of the organization to embrace other culture and further cross-cultural understanding globally. We hope to make the state of California a top study destination worldwide! If you are looking for a school in California, or if you would like to help us facilitate Study California’s goals, please contact us. We would love to hear from you!
Life in California
It’s not called ‘The Golden State’ for nothing – California is bursting with golden sunshine and golden opportunities of many kinds.
The state of California is a land more diverse than the rest. If you prefer an urban lifestyle, you can spend your time in one of the state’s many cities – eight of the nation’s 50 most populated cities lie within California’s borders. If you prefer a slower pace of life, you will fall in love with the state’s countryside and redwood forests.
Whether you live in a large or small town, you will never encounter a dull moment during your time in California. There are infinite possibilities for adventure – art museums, beaches, golfing, national parks and forests, nightlife, restaurants, shopping, ski resorts, spas, strolling Hollywood Boulevard, theme parks, wineries, and more!
Almost as famous as its sunshine is California’s reputation for innovation. Silicon Valley – the hub of revolutionary technology companies such as Apple and Google – and the state’s aggressive renewable energy goals make the Golden State a golden opportunity for potential residents.
- California Baptist University
- California Lutheran University
- California State University, Bakersfield
- California State University, Channel Islands
- California State University, Chico
- California State University, East Bay
- California State University, Monterey Bay
- California State University, Northridge
- California State University, Sacramento
- California State University, San Marcos
- Claremont Graduate University
- City College of San Francisco
- College of the Desert
- East Los Angeles
- Foothill and De Anza Colleges
- Irvine Valley College
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Loyola Marymount University
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- Mission College
- Mt. San Antonio College
- MiraCosta College
- Palomar College
- Saint Mary's College of California
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose City College
- San Jose State University
- San Mateo Colleges
- Santa Barbara City College
- Santa Monica College
- Santa Rosa Junior College
- Sonoma State University
- Southwestern Community College
- University of California, Davis Continuing and Professional Education – International
- University of California, Berkeley Extension – Berkeley Global
- University of California, Berkeley Summer Sessions
- University of California San Diego Extension International Programs
- University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education
- University of California, Los Angeles Extension
- University of California, Riverside University Extension International Programs
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of La Verne
- University of Saint Katherine
- University of Southern California - International Academy
- Westcliff University
c/o US Commercial Service 55 South Market Street, Suite 1040
San Jose CA 95113
P: not specified