- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism, Business Administration
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
Homestay, Apartment, Dormitory
IELTS: Band 5.5+, TOEFL: 45+, Duolingo: 80
- Social Media
Why Come to Valencia College?
Valencia was named the best two-year college in the United States as the inaugural winner of the 2012 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. Valencia has one of the highest graduation rates in the country and provides guaranteed admission to one of the 12 four-year Florida state universities, including the University of Central Florida.
Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year university, complete a career program, or simply improve your English, Valencia has the solution for you. With over 100 degree programs to choose from, and an Intensive English Program, Valencia will provide you with an excellent educational experience. Our international student services team will support your needs with advising, workshops, programming opportunities and a chance to meet new friends.
- Fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Seneff Honors College for high achieving students
- Small class sizes and dedicated faculty
- Comprehensive Intensive English Program – accepts all levels of English
- Affordable tuition – 40% less than at a state university
- Academic support, including libraries, labs, writing center and tutoring
- Dedicated international student advisors and counselors
- More than 100 nations represented within Valencia’s student body
Orlando is located in the center of Florida, midway between Jacksonville and Miami. The St. Petersburg-Tampa area on the Gulf of Mexico and Daytona Beach on the Atlantic Ocean are easy drives.Valencia College is located in Orlando, Florida, USA. With five campus locations, the college is close to downtown Orlando, the Orlando International Airport, the University of Central Florida and world-famous theme parks and beaches.
What Orlando Has to Offer?
- Home to Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios Florida®, and SeaWorld®
- Art, culture, entertainment and nightlife
- Beaches, public parks, springs and lakes for outdoor activities
- Sports teams including the Orlando Magic basketball, UCF Knights college football, Orlando City soccer and baseball spring training for the Atlanta Braves and Houston Astros
- Home to internationally recognized companies including Darden Restaurants, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Electronic Arts
- Becoming a national leader in health care and biotechnology
- Average annual temperature of 72.4F/22.4C degrees
Intensive English Program
We accept students at all language levels from beginner to advance. Students interested in a degree program at Valencia who need to improve their English can start with the Intensive English Program and then transfer into a Valencia degree program. This program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) which is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency for English Language Programs and institutions in the U.S.
- Monthly start dates
- Small class sizes
- A variety of social and cultural activities
- Dedicated international student advisor
- Conditional acceptance to Valencia College
- Based on their level, students can study anywhere from two weeks to over one year
For more information, go to valenciacollege.edu/iep
Degree and Career Programs
Valencia offers over 100 programs, including two and four year degrees.
- General Studies
- Arts and Entertainment
- Engineering, Computer Programming, and Technical Programs
- Health Sciences
- Horticulture and Landscape
- Hospitality and Culinary
- Information Technology
- Public Safety and Legal
- Science and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
How to Apply
Valencia College accepts new degree-seeking students each semester—fall, spring and summer. International students are encouraged to submit their online application as soon as possible in order to complete all application requirements by the desired admission date.
To access the online application and view the complete steps to apply, please visit our website for the steps to apply international.valenciacollege.edu/admissions.
- Online Application with fee of $35 USD
- High School Transcripts
- Results from the TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable) exam
- Declaration of Finances Form
- Copy of passport
Recommended Application Dates
Intensive English Program: Monthly start dates allow students to apply at any time.
Fall: June 15th
Spring: October 15th
Summer: March 15th
The Valencia College Global Achievers Award recognizes new, high-achieving, international students who are entering their freshman year. The award amount ranges from $500 to $1,000 USD and is based on merit achievement at the secondary level. A minimum 3.0 grade point average is required. The award is nonrenewable, applied to the first term tuition and fees, and is only open to applicants that have never attended university. For details please go to our international students webpage and search for scholarships.
- Must submit a Valencia College application for admission and all required application materials as stated on the international student webpage
- Submit the scholarship application on the Valencia College international student webpage including one essay question
- Will graduate from secondary school by the time of enrollment with a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- First time in college applicant. Has not previously attended a college or university.
- Plans to enroll as an F-1 visa international student
- Submits materials by the deadline established
For more information, please go to international.valenciacollege.edu
1800 South Kirkman Road
Orlando FL 32811